Name: Majid Heidari
Gender and Nationality: Male, Iranian
Birth Date & Place: 1980, Mashhad, Iran
Academic Training and Degrees
- PhD Philosophy of Art Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran, 2013
- MA Teaching English Arak University, Arak, Iran, 2007
- BA Teaching English Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran, 2003
- Member of Faculty, Head of Visual Communication Department,
Ferdows Institute of Higher Education, Mashhad, Iran, since 2014
- Persian: native speaker
- English: IELTS Academic Band Score 8, CEFR level C1 (Proficient User)
- French: TEF, CEFR level B1 (Independent User)
- Arabic: Reading Skill (self-assessment: B2)
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- (2016). The Plight of Aesthetics in Iran. Contemporary Aesthetics, Vol. 14.
- (2017). Joint article with Rikhtegaran, M. R., The Meaning of ‘Artistic Creation’ for Kant and Heidegger and its Comparison with Ricoeur’s Understanding of ‘Narration’. Kimiaie Honar, No. 24.
- (2018). Sequentially in Narrative; Extending Ricoeur’s Model. Research in Human Sciences and Social Studies, No. 4, 1-10.
- (2020). The Role of BADI in Islamic-Iranian Aesthetics. Knowledge, No. 82/1.
- (2020). Decoration and Language in Iranian Popular Culture. Research in Human Sciences and Social Studies, No. 8, 23-31.
- (2020). The Methodology of Islamic-Iranian Aesthetics; Considering the Relation Between Mysticism and Theology. Research in Human Sciences and Social Studies, No. 5, 11-18.
- (2021). Joint article with Taghavi, M., Analysis of Metaphoric Expression of ‘Deconstruction’ in Type-Based Posters (Azad Art Gallery, Tehran, 1390s). Ferdows-e-honar Journal of Arts, Vol 1, Issue 4, 26-45.
Peer-reviewed Book Chapter
- (2021). Neutral Artworks to Democratic Values, The Case of Naghashi-Khat in Iran, in Stefano, E. D. (ed.). Aesthetic Perspectives on Culture, Politics, and Landscape: Appearances of the Political, UNIPA Springer Series.
- Kalvemark, T. (2011). University Politics and Practice-Based Research. In Biggs, M. Karlsson, H. (Eds). The Routledge Companion to Research in The Arts. (Heidari, M., Taghavi, M, Trans.). (2021) Fine Arts Studies, 2(4).
- (2002). Introduction to the Use of Stories in Class; Some Basic Strategies. The First Regional Conference in Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching in Khuzestan-Masjed Soleyman.
- (2010). Persian Painting as a Narrative Construction of Reality. 18th International Conference of Aesthetics, Beijing, China.
- (2017). Illustrated Books, and the Relation Between Text and Pictures. First National Conference on Illustrated Books, Tehran, Iran.
Artist Reviews, Online Media and Short Story
- (2015). The Infrastructure of the City, Collection of Short Stories. Dastan, Tehran.
- (2016). Review on the Collection of Short Stories “The Infrastructure of the City”. Anthropology and Culture Online Journal.
- (2016). Analytic Review of the Meaning of Narrative. Anthropology and Culture Online Journal.
- (2016). Waiting for Meaning. Anthropology and Culture Online Journal.
- (2017). The Possibility of Understanding ‘self’ Regardless of Consumerism. Anthropology and Culture Online Journal.
- (2019). Artist Review. Contemporary Identities International Art Journal, issue 3.
Peer-reviewed Book Chapters & Translations Approved to be published
- Metaphoric Expression of ‘Head’ by Three Young Iranian Female Artists, in Vinogradovs, V. (ed.). Aesthetic Literacy: a book for everyone.
- The Emperor’s New Clothes, in Vinogradovs, V. (ed.). Aesthetic Literacy: a book for everyone.
- Kjørup, S. (2011). Pleading for Plurality: Artistic and Other kind of Research. In Biggs, M. Karlsson, H. (Eds). The Routledge Companion to Research in The Arts. (Heidari, M., Taghavi, M, Trans.). (?) Fine Arts Studies, 2(5).
- Head of Visual Communication Department, since 2016
- Member of Editorial, Ferdows-e-honar Art Journal, since 2019
- Member of Scientific Committee of the National Conference on the Role of Khorasan in Art and Culture, Dec. 2015